Bedroom Makeover: A Much Needed Change
Hey y’all! Hope you’re all having a great week. Mine has been a little rough. We had to say goodbye to our sweet little Lola. She was our furry baby and it was devastating to have to let her go. But I won’t dwell on that. I just want to say that we are so thankful to have been blessed with her in our lives and we SO appreciate all the kind words and prayers from everyone.
Anyway, I had been planning to give our bedroom a much needed freshening up and after what happened this week it seemed like the perfect time to just get in there and get it done. It was a GREAT distraction. There are still a few more things I want to do, like paint a white wall, add some artwork, and add a new light fixture and some accessories. But I did get a lot done and now it feels fresh and crisp. Exactly what we needed.
Check out these before pictures.
This is what I’ve done so far.
- Painted the bamboo chair in white and gold. Covered the seat cushion in a grey/white greek key fabric.
- Reupholstered the headboard in a bright white fabric and added a nailhead trim. I used a table cloth from Target.
- Replaced the wooden storage bench with an upholstered ottoman.
- Pulled the white duvet cover from the guest room and kept the Nate Berkus indigo pillow shams. (If you’ve been following for a while then you know I was determined to use some of that indigo blue bedding).
- Added one of my DIY Gold Painted Pillows along with some other new and old toss pillows.
- Added a new rug from Garden Ridge.
- Hung a set of mirrors above the bed. I found those at Target. I was trying to create the illusion of a taller headboard.
I totally believe that if you make your home a happier place you’ll be a happier person. That was pretty much the goal this week, to make our home a happy place to be.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a beautiful weekend!
Linking up to some fab linky parties this week.